Thursday, October 19, 2006

Focusing on politics and governance

Hello to you out there.

It's been a while since my last post. Eleven days to be exact. I have been thinking seriously about what I should focus on Myblog. I have various ideas that I want to cover under other blogs, time permitting. I have decided that is blog, would be about politics, particularly Governance.

It has been a real hectic 11 days since 7th October. With the arrest of Solomon Islands Attorney General, Julian Moti, on the 8th October in Port Moresby and his escaping court orders. To the lay person his escape from court hearing and subsequent secret flight into Solomon Islands is illegal.

To Parliaments, lawyers, the media and various it had been a great time. Accusations flying here and there and in the process two ministers have been sacked - was later told they been replaced on medical ground. The Immigration minister Peter Shanel was also grilled and later charged for allegedly misleading public officer/public servant in relation to Moti's entry into Solomon Islands without travel documents.

He is on bail and will appear again in court 13th November. Meanwhile, the Moti saga continues at various legal levels.

I'll catch up with you later.

Joe